Thursday, January 8, 2009

My New View on QT

I love Quik Trip. I know this guy who recently moved to KC from Portland and we were discussing QT and he said, "Where I come from, we don't go to a gas station for a good drink." He still hasn't been so he really has no idea what he is talking about, but whatever. Anyway, there is NOTHING that quenches my thirst more perfectly than a 32 oz. Diet Coke with crushed iced from Quik Trip. I love it... I, for sure, frequent QT more than I should. But hey, I always get diet, so I'm ok, right? Anyway, tonight I had an epiphany! I should start reusing my cup. Here are the reasons why:

1. It saves the environment. I don't want to count how many of my QT cups are trashing the land fills right now.
2. It saves me money. A refill is 10 cents cheaper!
3. It saves time. If I go in with my lid and my straw ready, that saves a good 5 to 10 seconds of the time spent choosing the right size lid, putting it on, getting a straw, unwrapping it, and putting it in my lid.
4. It won't be hard to find it. I go so often that it will likely be in the cup holder of my car so the inconvenience of keeping my cup is really no inconvenience at all.

So anyway, I tried this out tonight for the first time. I felt a little lame as I held my cup up and said, "Refill," but it was worth it because it is clearly the better choice. I know, this post is lame and pointless but I got really excited about this tonight. If nothing else, I hope this makes you smile. :)

4 comments:

Joel said...

I like the idea of re-using the cup. If only I was drinking pop this year.

Anonymous said...

Will you ever be inconvenience by the washing of your cup??

abby! said...

Naw, a quick rinse does the trick. :)

Jessie said...

I've always thought if QT had a drive thru, I'd be a goner. But, it's too much of a hassle to get two kids out of car seats to go in. And Joel, there's so much more to QT than soda...have you forgotten the cheap coffee and my personal fav - breakfast. Mmm mmm good.