Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Ah la musica...

Yesterday was a good day for music... I acquired three different albums that are just amazing.
The first is "Songs That Duke Wrote" by Ben Rector. Since my brother Joel introduced me to Ben's music a few years ago I have been eagerly awaiting the release of his new album and finally got it yesterday. After listening to this album a few times, I, for sure, appreciate the variety and really everything about it. It's poppy at times but intense and thoughtful at others. This album is such a good investment. I think everyone should buy it... You won't be disappointed
The second is "Hand Built By Robots" by Newton Faulkner. This guy has everything I could desire musically in one album. Catchy songs, awesome guitar, interesting lyrics. Thanks to my lovely friend Valeria for sharing him with me. I like him a lot.
The third is "Limbs and Branches" by Jon Foreman. I had heard a lot of good things about this album from my brother Cory and my cousin Anthony. Last week we sang a song of his ("Your Love Is Strong"; SO good) at church so I decided to check out the album and it's great. I like how simple and acoustic it is. Quality stuff.

No comments: