Thursday, January 15, 2009

Real Simple Art

It's interesting how opening up the mail box and seeing the latest issue of Real Simple magazine inside can turn a whole day around. I love the magazine. It's one of the few that I actually read the majority of the articles. One of my favorite things about the magazine is the collection of paper constructions that it uses to introduce each section. Matthew Sporzynski is the artist at Real Simple who creates these amazing pieces made of paper alone. To read a little bit about him, go here, and to see more of his work for Real Simple, go here. He's even on Facebook (Google told me that, I'm not a stalker...) I'm tempted to friend him, but as of now, I've resisted the urge.
Another cool thing about February's Real Simple is that they gave MU a shout out!! It's nothing TOO spectacular, but still... here's what they said:

"4 things: That's all most people can remember at one time. So say researchers at University of Missouri at Columbia. That would finally explain why the fifth item on your mental grocery list never seems to make it home."

Like I said, nothing spectacular, but way to go MU researchers, you got us a shout out in Real Simple!

2 comments:

Valeria said...

Yay new Real Simple:) That's some of the best paper art they've had lately, I LOVE it!
I'm tempted to frame the popcorn one and add it to our gallery space in the living room...I mean we do love popcorn, right?

abby! said...

I'd be ok with framing the popcorn. I love popcorn.