Saturday, January 24, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire

I saw the movie Slumdog Millionaire last night at the Ragtag and I loved it! I was kind of surprised that a movie that has won big awards like some Golden Globes (and maybe some Oscars!) had a happy ending. It seems like so many movies these days that the critics actually approve of are all about killing and have sad endings. Slumdog Millionaire for sure had its intense times but I also laughed a lot. It was a great balance of the movie. Plus the cinematography was pretty interesting and I liked the setting of India in the background (it reminded me a lot of where I've visited in the Dominican Republic, which I loved...)

Overall the movie was great and I would, for sure, recommend it. I loved seeing it at the Ragtag as well. I think my new hobby is going to be seeing indie flims. Next up may be Milk, The Reader, or Che, I'm thinking those are probably going to be sad though. I'm just thankful I got the warm fuzzies in this one that I so long for in a movie.

No comments: