Monday, January 19, 2009

Two Homes

On my drive back to Columbia today I had some time to think. It's always hard for me to transition from one place to the next. Normally I would shed a few tears about leaving home, and I'm sure I would have today if I wasn't blasting David Archuleta's "Crush" to keep me from thinking about it. It's hard coming back to this life here at college after living my life at home in Kansas City for a month. The funny thing is that I remember feeling a similar way when leaving Columbia and thinking about how it's hard to go home and leave this life here at school. It's like I'm never happy...

But that's not it at all. I'm incredibly happy... and incredibly lucky/blessed to have two places that I can call home and two places that I love so much it hurts me to leave. So today instead of feeling sorry for myself for having to leave, I decided to be thankful that I have two special places to live and tons of awesome people to surround me no matter where I am. Cheesy, but true. I'm thankful.

No comments: