Thursday, January 22, 2009

Mail, weather, journals, pens...

A few weeks ago, after Joel's encouragement, I sent for a picture from photographer Kevin Miyazaki's show 100 Very Small Observations. The show consisted of pictures he posted on his blog, so afterward, he sent out all 100 of the prints to readers of his blog... for free! I wasn't a reader of his blog before, but I am now. Anyway, I received my print in the mail today and I'm pretty excited about it! Above is a picture... of the picture.

Another thought: I know I should be terrified of global warming, but I must admit that I was quite thankful for it when I was driving with my windows down and music up today, in the middle of January. What a beautiful day today has been!

Also, I bought new journals today. Valeria found them at the bookstore and shared their goodness with me. They're called Writersblok notebooks: they are cheaper than Moleskines AND they suport some cool non-profit organizations (you can read more on V's blog!) I also got some Sharpie pens to write in them. Haven't used them yet, but I am pretty stinking excited. It seems silly to get excited about new journals, but there is something special about the feeling of writing in the first page of a journal that not many other feelings can compare to.

No comments: