Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It's finished!

I have a problem. I keep staying up late and waking up late(I woke up at 12:30 today...). It's this horrible cycle. Last night I stayed up until 3:00 am watching Prison Break, knitting, and reading Twilight. Yep, all pretty lame things to do but they kept me occupied... One good thing that came out of last night was that I finished my first (well, third...) cable knit hat! Apparently third time is a charm because my first two attempts didn't go so well (the first one was so small it looked like a yarmulke and the second could have fit a two year old). Anyway, I finished it and I'm pretty thrilled. Below is a picture:

8 comments:

Anthony P said...

You should definitely make me one of those. Nice work.

Christine said...

I love it! Looks great! Love the color too. I think hat making is a great reason to stay up until 3am.... probably won't fly when you start working again though. ;)

Jessie said...

Good work! It came out great! I have to get back on the hat business and make one that fits now too.

abby! said...

I made up a decent pattern if you want to try.

Cory said...

technically, your current hat could fit a two year old too...

Valeria said...

i so love it. such a cute pattern too. i'm quite impressed with your hat-making skills abigail. you've gotta soak in the "staying up til 3 am doing things you like days" while you can..

Irving Muller said...

Nice hat. Michelle thought about making one but I think she thought it would be too difficult.

I just thought, how much more could we do if people didn't have to sleep. I mean, we sleep for about half of our lives.

Anonymous said...

i love the color :) so cute!