Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Little Things: Christmas Lights.

One of my favorite things about Christmas time is Christmas lights. I'm the cool kid who has Christmas lights in her room all year round, so when people finally join me around December 1st, I get pretty excited! Above is one of my favorite pictures of Christmas lights. I took it a few years ago in my apartment at college. My talented brother Cory, a graphic design genius, made the picture into the new header of my blog. What do you think?

Last night I got to enjoy one of my favorite things about Christmas: Christmas lights, with my friend Jessie and her sons Liam, 4, and Eli, 2. (Jessie documented our evening here but I thought I'd give it a whirl, too.) Liam wanted me to bring my camera to take pictures of the Christmas lights so I could "send them to him on the computer." We would stop occasionally when he saw lights that he liked and Jessie or I would quickly snap a shot to not come across as the creepers that we truly were. It was great riding around and hearing the boys reactions. Their excitement got me all the more excited. One of my favorite things of the evening was how the boys called candy canes "candy candies." "Look at all those candy candies! We got some rainbow candy candies at home." Oh man... it's always a good time with the Crows. Check out some of my creeper shots of the lights below. (Don't judge, we were snapping them quickly.) I think I need to send Liam an e-mail with them attached. I wonder what his e-mail address is... CandyCandyLuvr@gmail.com? (Sorry, lame joke, but I had to.)

Little Things Christmas Edition Day 1: Christmas lights. Hope you're enjoying them as much as I am.

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Creepers...ha ha!

sarah said...

love the creeper shots - there was a house by mine that literally had 20 blow-ups in their yard... we tried taking a creeper pic and failed. too bad because it was epic! and i LOVE your header.

Aunt Cindy said...

Kids make Christmas even more fun.