Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Back to the Piano

I successfully completely two finals today, so all that are worried that I'm not studying enough (aka: Cindy and Charlotte), no worries... I don't have anything due for another week.

In the meantime, before the stress returns, I have randomly returned to playing piano. I took piano lessons for 7 years when I was young. I quit so early that I don't remember much but I can still figure things out. SO, I have busted out my dusty old keyboard (from like 2nd grade) and have begun playing again. One of my favorite things to do is to look up how to play songs on YouTube. You just type in "how to play *enter song title here*" and pretty much for every decently popular song out there, someone has taken the time to slow the song down and teach you how to play it. You don't even have to know how to play the piano!

Since I currently can't get enough of "Postcards from Far Away" I decided to try to learn it and it's going pretty well. Over the past year, I have also taught myself how to play "Boston" by Augustana, "What Goes Around" by Justin Timberlake, "Unfaithful" by Rihanna... I know, all pretty lame songs, but it's kind of cool to know how to play them. Below is an example of these crazy YouTube piano lessons. If only they had this when I was 12 and decided to quit playing.

No comments: