Thursday, December 11, 2008

Magic Tree!!!

Last night BEFORE all of the Diet Coke insanity, I had the pleasure of introducing a group of freshmen girls to the Magic Tree! It truly was magical...

For those of you who don't know about the Magic Tree, it's this crabapple tree (I looked that up, I'm not a tree expert) here in Columbia that has tons of lights on it! I just Googled it and it even has its own website! I was reading about it and while some of the stuff they said was a bit... out there, I REALLY liked this: "First and foremost it is a "senseless act of beauty." Beauty has a way, when we recognize it, of putting us at ease while at the same time exciting us, paradoxical yes, but true. I think this particular paradox is better known as the state of joy. This is a healing state of mind that can have a powerful affect on heart, mind and soul not to mention the body. Acts of beauty, then, are always quite sensible." How interesting... I would say we were all for sure joyful last night! It was great!

No comments: