Monday, December 1, 2008

No Words Wonders

Today's been a kind of rough day. The whole Murphy's Law thing has completely taken over. I was at the library working on a group project and I parted from the group to make the PowerPoint and turned the ol' iPod on. I was pleasantly reminded of what an escape music is. Especially instrumental music.

I feel like music with words kind of decides for you the thoughts and feelings you are to get out of it. Don't get me wrong, I love vocals. I sing. But instrumental music... there is a world of possibilities. You can use your imagination as to what the artist was thinking and your feelings can change with each listen. It's a rush of unpredictable emotions... I just love it. Some of my current favorite instrumental songs:

-Life in Technicolor- Coldplay (the first one, the new one has words... What's that about?)
-Postcards from Far Away- Coldplay
-Baleen Morning- Balmorhea
-Bella's Lullaby- Carter Burwell (from the Twilight soundtrack but don't discriminate.)

If you aren't a big fan of instrumental, I recommend you give it a try. It may just change your outlook on music. (The picture above kind of depicts my thoughts on instrumental music. I took this on our vacation to Florida two summers ago.)

No comments: