Sunday, December 7, 2008

My Theme Song

I was watching the movie The Holiday the other day and I love the part where Jack Black's character writes the theme songs for that old Hollywood guy and for Kate Winslet's character. Kate's song is beautiful and when he is talking about it he says something like, "I only used the good notes." I love that.

I think if I could choose a theme song mine would be "Postcards from Far Away" by Coldplay. I know I've talked about it before... but I just love it. It's so pure and beautiful and toward the middle of the song there are a few minor notes, but it ends with a beautiful major key. Cheesy, I know... but I hope that's what my life is going to be like. There's got to be some bad notes in there because it's life and I'm human. But if my life turns out to be anything like this song, I'll be content.

3 comments:

Cory said...

I feel like a theme song should some up your life. And I find it hard to sum up a person's life in a 55 second piano instrumental.

Joel said...

I wish the song was longer. It's pretty cool.

abby! said...

I agree... I wish it was longer too, but I don't think that just because it is short means that it can't count for something.