Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Regrettable Trends of 2008

I have never been as free (aka bored) as I have been the past two days. The holidays are pretty much over and I don't have a job here in KC so I have literally nothing to do. Therefore, I have been roaming the internet aimlessly and came upon MSN's Year 2008 in Review- Regrettable Trends in Pop Culture. I thought how they addressed this trend was hilarious...

"...where we used to just send e-mail messages, now we send the messages through Facebook. Then Facebook sends our recipients e-mail that our friends then use to then log in to Facebook so they can see what we've written. Then they send their replies to our Facebook accounts, which send us e-mail, which prompts us to log back in. New technology that's three times as cumbersome as the old! Give us more!"

The article talked about other interesting trends including name hybrids like Brangenlina, the craze of Twilight, and Rihanna's growing amount of songs that everyone likes but no one admits to liking. If you want to read up on more of these, check it out here.

2 comments:

Valeria said...

haha i enjoyed this. and am probably about to check out the rest of the list.

Jessie said...

HA! That is so true, I could never understand why people didn't just send an email.