Thursday, December 11, 2008

Really, Ronald...?

Tonight I was craving some fountain Diet Coke so I went to McDonald's around 10:45 to get myself and my friend Jonathan something to drink. There was a long line in the drive through so I got out of my car to go in... but it was locked. (It was only 10:45! Lame...) So I got back in my car and got in line. After about 20 minutes of waiting I got our drinks and headed home... ecstatic for the caffeine, bubbles, and big straw (have you ever noticed McDonald's has really big straws?)

On my way home... my drink spilled all over my car. MY drink. Not Jonathan's. I took him his and returned to my room where I cried for a little bit. I know, that's ridiculous, it's only pop. But it was late and I was really craving that Diet Coke.

I tried to make things right by pouring myself a nice big glass of off-brand Diet Coke. I even found a straw that my roommate Valeria still had around from Halloween. But it just wasn't the same.
I'm pretty convinced that the bad breaks of the evening were caused by the man at the top of this post: Ronald McDonald. At the time I took the picture of him being a creeper I had no idea that the Diet Coke that I waited 20 minutes for would be on my car floor before I could even take a sip. Really, Ronald...?

2 comments:

Anthony P said...

Ah yes, the Ronald McDonald Conspiracy...

But seriously? You cried? Remember, its no use crying over spilled diet coke. I think thats a Chinese proverb written in ancient times on a scroll. Thats right, a scroll. Or maybe even on a stone tablet. It's written right next to the other wise Chinese proverb "Man who stand on toilet, is high on pot."

Hope you smiled!
Love ya!

Jessie said...

That's a really fun straw though! Today I'm feeling sad for you not like yesterday. I was just too tired last night when you told me. Plus, I didn't realize that you actually cried. That makes me feel worse that I laughed. I'm terrible.