Friday, December 26, 2008

I'm a Gamer...

I love games and on Christmas morning I found the game Rook in my stocking. I just tried it out with my parents and I wasn't the biggest fan in the beginning. But as I picked up on the strategy and ended up beating their socks off, I became more and more fond of it. As always, I had a great time playing because I just LOVE games. So, in honor of the holidays (a time we play a LOT) and my love for games in general, I thought I'd make a list of my favorites.

Abby Thomason's Top 10 Favorite Games:
1. Settlers of Catan
2. Ticket to Ride
3. Hit or Miss
4. Hand and Foot Canasta
5. Catchphrase
6. Hollywood Bowl
7. Phase 10
8. Yahtzee
9.
Apples to Apples
10. Nertz

Correct me if there is a game that should have been included on this list. It's possible that I forgot an important one... Happy Gaming!

5 comments:

Irving Muller said...

bisI tried playing rook a while back ago but just got too confused. I quit too easily.

I played a new word game though and loved it. You should check it out if you love games. It's called Quiddler, I think, it's a word game.

If I spelled it wrong I will let you know.

NNA said...

Hi, I found your blog post through a search for “Nertz”. It is cool to see others that know about the game. I hope you don’t mind but I wanted to let you know about playnertz.com, the site for the National Nertz Association. There is a bunch of interesting Nertz information there and you can also find out how to play Nertz online there. I hope you will check it out. Feel free to join and also let your friends and family know. Thanks

Jessie said...

Balderdash is one of my favorites and In a Pickle is a new one I tried and it's fun.

colleen marie. said...

speed scrabble and monopoly... we must play when you get back!

Anthony P said...

Julie and I discovered possibly the funniest game in the universe. I went to borders today to RESERVE a copy. Thats how good it is. Its called Quelf. And I'm pretty sure that when we get it it, it will be worth you coming home just to play. Its that amazing.