Saturday, February 14, 2009

Love Day '09

A couple of months ago my brother Joel went out and handed out some lunches to some homeless people in downtown KC. Since then, he has continued going downtown to serve the community and has started a cause called 10 Lunches. He organized an event today called Love Day '09 in honor of Valentine's Day.

We met at The Scout statue in downtown KC and Joel gave a great speech (if I can brag on my brother) and then sent everyone out (about 30-40 people) to different places downtown to pass out the lunches that we all brought. It was a little bit out of my comfort zone, but I am so glad I went. The morning was wonderful... serving the people of Kansas City with the people that I love most.

Overall, I would for sure say today was a success. I am so proud of Joel... Here are a few pictures of the day.
(A group of us giving lunches away to some people at their make-shift shelter under the bridge)
(Walking around, looking for people to give lunches to.)

1 comment:

Valeria said...

that's wonderful:) i was thinking about this yesterday wondering how it went. glad you got to be a part of.