Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What are YOU listening to?

I'm sitting in a computer lab on campus, doing some stuff for school and listening to my iPod on shuffle and Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" came on, which got me to thinking: What if people knew what I was listening to right now? And what if we all wore signs, like those ticker kind of things, that showed the music we are currently listening to? I probably would not be listening to Whitney Houston right now, that's for sure. I would probably just listen to the stuff I think that others consider "cool", or have never heard of (because it's "cool" if you listen to music that no one else has heard of) like Coldplay, or MuteMath, or some of the indie stuff that Joel gave me. Now shuffle has taken me to a Britney Spears song from her first album. Even though I don't have a sign broadcasting to the world, "I'm listening to Britney Spears," I'm still going to change it.

P.S. It's Wednesday! Only 4 hours and 20 minutes until my week becomes practically carefree!

3 comments:

Cory said...

I think people would think I'm pretty weird. Considering my sign would say Clockwork almost all the time.

Joel said...

Whatever, there's nothing wrong with Whitney or Britney. Top 40 is cool. Just as cool as indie.

Valeria said...

love the thought! i'll be honest, i try to hear what people are listening to around me. and sometimes it surprises me and makes me smile. but then again, if people knew what song was stuck in my head half the time, i'd be crazy in their books-considering it's often stuff like "total eclipse of the heart" : )