Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Concerts.

I went to a concert tonight! Erin McCarley opened for Matt Nathanson and Jack's Mannequin (pictured above). They were all very good. I just love concerts...

I love being there, seeing the music being produced right infront of my eyes. I love how I feel completely engulfed by the music. I love how the beat vibrates your body way down deep to your soul. I love watching the musicians dance around stage playing their instruments. I love dancing to the music myself (concerts are one of the few places I will sort of dance in public...) I just love everything about concerts (except for the people who crowd your space and take your spot).

Everytime I go though, I also have this ache in my heart that makes me want to be a musician. Does that happen to everyone else? Doesn't everyone dream of becoming a rock star? I will always dream of being a musician... probably because I love concerts so much.

2 comments:

Anthony P said...

I'm with you on that one. Its almost hard for me to really enjoy concerts because I continue thinking about how much I would want to do that. (And think I could if I ever started to apply myself (and also looked good in a tight t-shirt))
I saw Jack's Mannequin back when he was with Something Corporate. That was a fun show. He abused that piano, but out of all the bands I saw that night, he was most memorable. Plus I love his music. We should go to some shows this summer. Glad you are back!

abby! said...

Maybe we should just start a band.... seriously. You are crazy talented, and I and/or Julie can harmonize. Cory can play drums. Brad can play guitar. Surely we can find a base player. It we don't even have to be a stereotypical band, we could do something else.

We should for sure go to some concerts this summer! The more we go the more we will be inspired to do our own thing.

And don't kid yourself, you DO look good in a tight t-shirt.