Thursday, May 14, 2009

¡El verano está aquí!

Summer is here! Today was my first official day in Kansas City and it feels great! I slept in, spent the afternoon with my wonderful friend Jessie and her boys, ate dinner with my family, went to a movie with Cory (Star Trek... it was SO good!), and dominated playing Rock Band here and there. It was a nice blend of relaxation and people time. For all of those who are thinking, "You lazy person... get a job." I got one! I will be working at my church but I don't start until Monday so I have a few days to relax.

Here are some things that I am hoping to do this summer:
1. Read at least 5 books (one being the 4th Twilight book, and the other four I'm looking for suggestions)
2. Visit Valeria in New York
3. Watch all 10 seasons of Friends (I need something to do after 10:00 when everyone else goes to bed)
4. Catch up on some shows that I'm behind on, mainly Heroes and Big Bang Theory (possibly Grey's Anatomy and Gossip Girl, if I have time and if I'm up for the drama)
5. Watch lots of Wheel of Fortune with my family as well as hanging out with them all the time
6. Spend lots of time with Jessie and the boys (if they'll have me...)
7. Be crafty with Sarah
8. Hang out with my cousins, aunts, and uncles as much as possible (maybe going to some concerts with Anthony and starting a band...)
9. Learn some more songs on the piano or maybe even write my own (doubtful, very doubtful)
10. Spend lots of time with the Lord and grow more into the woman that He's designed me to be

So there it is. My wish list for the summer. I can't wait...!

3 comments:

colleen marie. said...

GREAT list. and so glad you loved star trek!

see you in t-minus 4.5 hours!

Jessie said...

OOOH! I made the list. Hoorah! I have a bag of books that I've already read if you'd like to read them too and you could be crafty with me too. Like silhouettes. Did you make yours? I haven't made mine yet.

abby! said...

Of COURSE you made the list! And yes I would love to be crafty but no I haven't made silhouettes yet. Maybe this week?