Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Cross it off the list...

Yesterday I got to cross something off my wish list for the summer: I was crafty with my lovely friend Sarah! Hopefully we will continue to be crafty as the summer goes on, but yesterday was the first of the summer.

Sarah is amazing. Earlier in the week she saw some cute sandals in a magazine that were $75. Instead of overspending, Sarah was creative and figured out a way to make basically the exact same sandals for $12! She blogged about it here. It's quite impressive so you should check it out.

Anyway... I was way impressed and wanted some of my own so Sarah was awesome and taught me how yesterday! We met at the fabric store and bought some fabric, went to Target to buy the base of the sandal (aka cheap flip flops), and then headed over to her house to make the actual sandals.

Here they they are! I have been wearing them all day today and I love them! I bought two different kinds of fabric that are easily interchangeable so I basically got two really cute pairs of sandals (with even more possibilities with every color of fabric I buy) for $12. So great! Thanks to Sarah for being so awesome and passing her skills on to me!

(What I started with and what I ended with!)

4 comments:

Christine said...

These are cute! You should check out ssekodesigns.blogspot.com! Similar style and it's for an awesome cause!

abby! said...

I do like those a LOT and the cause is awesome... A little expensive for my check book though. If I come into a lot of money I will for sure buy some!

Sarah Nabholz said...

I love you :) And this has nothing to do with sandals, but I must say that I think I'm becoming obsessed with Star Treck (the new movie, not the original stuff--that's a bit too hardcore for me) now. I think I have an addictive moviegoing personality. I'm so glad we went last night!!! And we definitely need to keep doing stuff like this (the sandals) together. I watched "New in Town" a few days ago with my mom, and there are these middle-aged ladies in Minnesota that sit around a kitchen table and scrapbook, make cards, knit, etc. all day, and even though the movie was totally making fun of them, I secretly would love it, lol. This has become a really long comment. I apologize. :)

abby! said...

I would LOVE to be the ladies from "New in Town" with you. And Star Trek was great... if you want to see it again, I'd be up for it! :) I love you!