Saturday, May 30, 2009

People I want to hang out with in heaven...

The other day Cory made the discovery of a worship album put out by some of the members of my very favorite band, Mute Math. I knew that some of the guys were Christians but it was so cool for me to hear them worshiping. Which got me to thinking... I am so excited to hang out with them in heaven! Which got me to thinking... who else am I excited to hang out with in heaven?

Besides a lot of my family and friends, here is a list of a few people off the top of my head (it's kind of random...):
-Martin Luther King, Jr.
-Paul Meany (the lead singer of Mute Math)
-Kris Allen (the guy that just won American Idol)
-William Wilberforce (the man who abolished the slave trade in Great Britain, the movie Amazing Grace is about him and it inspires me and gets me pumped every time I watch it!)
-Johnny Cash

Now I know, this is a really shallow idea of heaven. It's not going to be a bunch of Christians hanging out, talking about the glory days (which compared to heaven are as far from glory days as can be...) It's going to be so much cooler than anything I can ever imagine! But, I think it would be cool if I got to hang out with these people while I'm there...

3 comments:

Anthony P said...

I love that you put Johnny Cash. Thats awesome.

Jessie said...

How did I not make the list? :)

abby! said...

You are on the list, Jessie. You would be part of the "friends and family category". I thought if I started listing everyone individually it could get ugly...