Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Sadly I am not home for Mother's Day this year. I am heading home on Wednesday and had a lot of homework to do, so I thought it would be more practical to stay here for the weekend. I was going to send my mom a card but I don't really like cards and I know she says she likes my blog, so I figured I would write a little something here!

My mom is one of the coolest women you will ever meet. Actually, she is probably my favorite person alive, no lie. (Sorry to everyone else who wanted the title, Mom's got you beat.) Here are some things that I love about her:
1. She's an incredibly wise, Godly woman and a great role model to me.
2. She is an amazing mom and wife and is, once again, a great role model.
3. She loves to play games.
4. She and I have a similar sense of humor so we find each other funny.
5. She's a great listener and people really feel loved by her.
6. She has incredible self-control and I hope to be as skinny as her someday. :)
7. She's good at what she does at her job and does it cheerfully even though she doesn't love doing it.
8. She's so encouraging and finds the good in just about everybody.
9. She remembers details and will follow up on the little stuff that everyone else forgets.
10. She's my best friend.

The list could go on and on but I bet you she's a little uncomfortable because she generally doesn't like a lot of attention. (Humility, that's another thing I love about her.) So, thanks, Mom, for being a wonderful mother and friend! I love you so much!

I actually decided to make my mom something this year. I can't give it to her until Wednesday but I thought I'd take a picture. It's a clock! I know it looks kind of funny, but it makes more sense if you see it in person. I think it will go well in my mom's bathroom with the other tree paintings that I did. This clock was inspired by a project on one of my new favorite sites, Design*Sponge. Here are the directions on how to make your own!

2 comments:

Norma said...

Thanks Abby for the kind words! I am honored to be your mom. You are such a joy to me! I can't wait to see the clock in real life! It is so fun that you made something for me! I love it!

Jessie said...

That is a lovely post and so true. I'm pretty sure every mom would like to be like Norma. I know I do! Love you Norma! And Abby! Happy Mother's Day!