Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Erin McCarley

Like I mentioned in my last post a girl named Erin McCarley opened for Matt Nathanson and Jack's Mannequin last night. She played guitar with a guy playing piano and a guy playing drums. Her sound is pretty similar to the female sound that is popular right now (e.g. Sara Bareilles) but I liked it anyway and her songs were pretty catchy! I am thinking about buying her album next time I get paid!

One of the highlights of her performance was when she sang the "Do do do do" song (which after a little research I discovered it is called "Tom's Diner" by Suzanne Vega). It was pretty fun and the keyboardist busted out some beat boxing which is always a good time. Click here if you want to see a video of her singing it. Below is a video of her most popular single right now.

No comments: