Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Royals!

Tonight I went to the Royals game with a fun bunch: my brothers Joel and Cory, my cousins Julie and Anthony, and some friends Sierra and Armando. The game was fun throughout... a little slow at times, but fun. We were down the whole game. It was 2-5 at the bottom of the 9th... then Jacobs scored a home run! Then Teahen went to bat and scored a home run! Then I think there was a walk, then a triple by DeJesus, then a pop fly... and all of a sudden we flippin' won the game! It was THRILLING!

I love Royals games... I love the cheers, the cheesey hot dog races, the Kiss Cam, the breeze, the sea of Royal blue, the concessions on the rare occasions that I have enough money, the company, and most importantly the baseball. I love it all...

Tonight's win made it even greater though! I literally got goosebumps when we finally tied the game and everyone was cheering, "Let's go Royals! (clap, clap, clap, clap clap)!" I was surrounded by thousands of people who were proud to be from Kansas City and cheering on their team... It was just great.

No comments: