Friday, May 15, 2009

Weddings...

It's that time of year when everyone is getting married. I don't think I'm even going to any weddings this year, but my family has received quite a few invitations in the mail. It has got me thinking about my possible future wedding...

I remember one time at Veritas, Ryan gave a talk that basically said, "Guys, you shouldn't fantasize about women's bodies. Girls, you shouldn't fantasize about your weddings." I'm not fantasizing about my wedding but when being surrounded by weddings it's hard not to think, "I want to do that... and I don't want to do that..."

Today's post on Design*Sponge got me thinking about weddings even more. This couple's wedding is pretty much my dream wedding. It looks so quaint and artsy, I love it. If I could somehow pull that off really inexpensively, my wedding would totally be like that. I also really like this couple's wedding. I love this bride's wedding dress... (above is a picture of their wedding, taken by a Holga for those who care, aka Joel).

Anyway, I'm not fantasizing about weddings when I don't even have a boyfriend. I'm just acknowledging what a cool, artistic representation they are of the beautiful union of two people in love through Christ. Pretty cool...

1 comment:

Sarah (on Ben's computer) said...

Oh my gosh I LOVED the wedding pictures today too! I never thought of tumbleweed as a wedding decoration, but the tumbleweed chandeliers mixed in with the cute lighted chandeliers were so cute!

P.S. I was way behind on your blog until now. I've missed it!!!