Sunday, May 24, 2009

Just out back...

This past week I decided to be active and go for a bike ride. I was so pumped because I was actually excited to work out! I took my brother Joel's bike which was a little too big but I decided to go for it anyway. As I started out, I thought to myself, "Man, I know I'm out of shape, but I never remember it being this hard to pedal!" but I kept going because I needed to push myself. (Some of you may be thinking, "Did you try to change the gears?" The answer is yes... but they didn't change.) I got pretty far and then I just couldn't do it anymore. I had to humble myself, hop off the bike, and walk it back the 15 minute walk home. (I later find out that the bike is broken, but that's not the point of this story.)

On my way back I walked by the lake behind our house and I had completely forgotten how beautiful it was! People drive distances to visit lakes that pretty and I have one just out back! Although I was still getting over the humiliation of not completing my bike ride, I completely enjoyed the beauty of this peaceful lake.

I went on a walk with my mom a few days later to take pictures and try to capture the beauty that I had experienced before. I went around dusk, the same time that I had been out before, but it was a bit cloudy so it wasn't quite the same... But I still enjoyed the nice breeze, the pretty lake, and my mom's wonderful company...
(Some pretty flowers on a fence that we walked by...)

3 comments:

Joel said...

The bike isn't broken. I've ridden it recently and it shifted just fine. Maybe it's operator error. You have to be pedaling at a fast enough speed or it won't shift. Maybe you were going too slow.

abby! said...

Hey thanks jerk for putting that on here. Kyle agreed with me that it's broken. But thanks for making me feel like an idiot...

Jessie said...

You forgot to take my bike home the other day after the pool. Maybe tonight if we don't forget.