Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 12: Hands

Have you thought about your hands lately? I hadn't. As I started thinking about taking a picture of my hands I thought, "Hm, what color of nail polish should I have on? I hope they don't look chubby in the picture... Should I put lotion on first?" Isn't that ridiculous? Ridiculous, I tell you! When I got over my dumb hand insecurities, I started really thinking about my hands...

I'm pretty grateful for them. Have you thought about what life would be like without your hands? I encourage you to do that right now. Just think about your day, and everything you've done. I woke up, went to the bathroom (just think about that without your hands and that should inspire gratitude on its own...), I put a jacket on, made some pancakes, took a picture of myself giving my pancakes a thumbs up, ate some pancakes, and now I'm blogging about these wonderful hands of mine that did all of that for me this morning! I am grateful for my dear hands. I hope you are, too.

(P.S. I put butterscotch chips in these pancakes and they were amazing... If you're a butterscotch fan, even if you're not, I recommend you trying it out. It'll rock your world.)

No comments: