Sunday, November 20, 2011

Day 20: Seasonal

Day 20: Seasonal
To the average person, a picture of a spice container would not be seasonal. To a baker, it is. Baking with things like cloves, nutmeg, ginger, all-spice, pumpkin pie spice etc. only comes one season of the year, and it's here!

I am planning on making this recipe for a Spiced Pumpkin Cheesecake later this week and while making my grocery list for the things that I needed I came across this cloves container. Does it look a little bit old? That's because it is. It has an expiration date of February 1986. That's before I was born, ya'll! I love the look of it... (Mustard, anyone?) Isn't it just great? I decided that it was time to invest in some new spices, but I thought this was great... so a picture of it's loveliness and a comment on how great it is to be baking with these special spices was necessary. Happy fall baking!

No comments: