Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Try-It Tuesday: Pork Tednerloin/Day 15: Technology

Day 15: Technology
First on my agenda, today's photo challenge: Technology. Of course I had to take a picture of my iPhone. The technology of it all wows me constantly. Seriously... I cannot believe technology. Google. The internet. Computers. Cameras. Electricity. DVR. The list goes on. The the wonder of technology and what people have dreamt up and accomplished over the years is astounding. I'm grateful for that. And have I mentioned I'm grateful for my iPhone. (I love it.)

Triple fail (and a half).
Secondly, Try-It Tuesday tonight was kind of a triple fail.

Fail #1: I totally forgot to plan something. My mom asked me last night at like 9:30, "Hey, do you have anything planned for dinner tomorrow night?" Me: "Crap!" Yep, I forgot. Luckily Momma had a back up plan for a recipe she was planning on trying out this week, and she let me steal it.

Fail #2: Jessie and I had talked about her and the boys joining for Try-It Tuesday this week. And guess what I did? I forgot... again. I got an e-mail from her saying, "Hey, are we on for dinner?" And me being the lame-o had to say no because I had forgotten and hadn't planned ahead and didn't think we'd have enough food.

Fail #3: The recipe that we tried was a recipe from Woman's Day magazine that my mom had found for Prosciutto-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin and Thyme Roasted Apples. Sounds pretty delicious, eh? The pork was delicious! The apples... a mushy mess. NOT a do-over. (AND, you'll notice that there was way more food than I thought, so Jessie and the boys could have come over after all. Triple fail and a half.)

Day 4: Leaves
And finally, on a more positive note... I thought I'd take a catch up picture today. The leaves this year haven't actually been very pretty. There was one weekend that everything seemed pretty vibrant, and after that it was all gone. But today while walking on our lunch break, my friend Christine and I came upon this tree and it stood out about the rest from what this season's foliage has had to offer. Yay for fall and beautiful trees!

1 comment:

Aunt Georgie said...

I just have to comment on your title: Pork TEDnerloin. For some reason that struck me as so funny. Especially after reading about your triple failure kind of post. Abby, you keep me laughing and I love it.