Thursday, November 24, 2011

Day 24: Gratitude

Day 24: Gratitude
Today is the day that this month is all about: Thanksgiving. It's such a special day. There were 31 people at my house for the Thanksgiving meal. (Unfortunately, one of my favorites wasn't there though. I dearly missed my cousin Julie who couldn't make it because she is a nurse, and unfortunately, people can't heal themselves for the holidays, so she had to work...) I ate a lot (too much), laughed a lot, chatted a lot, played a lot, napped a lot, loved a lot... it was just a great day! I took a few pictures to document today's loveliness. Because the thing I am the most grateful for above all else, is my family, my picture for today is of them. I'm so happy to be celebrating with them today. (One of the random traditions that we have is to do a piƱata, and above is my family collecting the candy!)
Tables all set.
Lots of people waiting to be fed!
Day 1: Favorite Food
I also thought I'd stick in a picture for Day 1: Favorite Food that I still need to make up. My favorite food is homemade Chex Mix and Thanksgiving is the ultimate time for the delicious snack. We eat a lot of Chex Mix in my family, so my aunt and cousin brought a total of 7 bags of it! Here is a picture of a few of them. Man, I love Chex Mix. Man, do I love everything about Thanksgiving...

No comments: