Friday, November 25, 2011

Day 25: Artwork

Day 25: Artwork
I can't say that I have much artwork in my life that I'm crazy grateful for. I appreciate art and enjoy being creative, but if my house caught on fire and I had 60 seconds to grab my belongings, any resemblance of artwork would not be on the "must grab" list. Tonight my family did play a game that I love that semi-involves artwork. It's call Pictionary Telephone. Everyone has a pad of paper and writes a phrase down. They pass their paper on to the next person who has to a draw a picture of the phrase. Then they pass the paper to the next person who can only see the drawing, not the original phrase, and has to guess the phrase based on the drawing. (E.g. the picture on the bottom right was of the phrase "a baker's dozen" and the picture on the top right was "time flies when you're having fun.") You keep going, phrase, picture, phrase, picture, etc. until you get your original phrase back. Some are better drawers than others, and some people just can't take a hint when guessing phrases. So, as you can imagine, it gets pretty funny. I laughed so hard I cried multiple times during this game. For that, laughing so hard I cried, I am grateful.
Day 3: Happiness
I could take pictures daily to demonstrate happiness because I'm pretty fortunate to lead an incredibly happy life. The other day while baking a pumpkin cheesecake I thought this look of all the spices in a bowl was beautiful. Call me crazy for finding spices to be beautiful... but I do. So I took a picture and here it is. Right next to the cranberry white chocolate chip cookies I had just made. Basically, baking makes me happy... and here is a picture that represents that. I'm grateful that I have fun things in my life like baking to add to my happiness.

No comments: