Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Try-It Tuesday: Hawaiian Chicken Chili

I've said this before, but if I could eat soup every day of my life... I probably would. I've probably eaten it 5 of the last 7 days (and some days twice in one day) and I'm planning on continuing because the leftovers from this week's Try-It Tuesday recipe are going to be awesome! (And yes, I took a break from Try-It Tuesday last week because I went to Chick-fil-A with Jessie's family and my family instead. Let's be honest, you probably didn't miss it THAT much anyway.)

This week I wanted to make soup for Try-It Tuesday. (Surprise, surprise!) I looked on some blogs that I frequent, and there were so good looking recipes out there... but nothing quite appealing enough. So then I headed over to Pinterest, and saw all sorts of options, but sided with a recipe I saw for Hawaiian Chicken Chili. Sounds a bit... interesting, eh? My guess is you had one of two reactions when reading that. 1. "Hawaiian Chicken Chili... wow, that sounds delicious!" 2. "Hawaiian Chicken Chili... what the crap, Abby?" Well, after trying it... the consensus was that Thought #1 was on track! It was delicious! I'd encourage that you check out the recipe here. (P.S. If you do try this recipe out, it calls from 8-12 chicken breasts... that's ridiculous. I used 5 and even my dad, the meat man himself, said it was meaty enough.)

Jessie came over to partake in Try-It Tuesday this week. Some would say she's a brave soul for coming... I'd say she's one lucky duck. :) (And of course, there's my Momma, my dad was there, too, but they're regulars for Try-It Tuesday.)

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I can't wait to try it again. I was sad that I didn't take some leftovers to go.