Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 9: Inspiring Person

Today's was an easy one... really easy. When I think, "Who inspires me in my life?" My mom is at the top of the list. She's a pretty special woman. If I died tomorrow, I'm not really sure what people would say at my funeral. Hopefully nice things like I cared for people and laughed a lot or something, but I really don't know. At my mom's funeral, which better not be until I am 103 years old (that means I plan on my mom living until she is 133... she can do it!) I know the things they will say about her. That she is kind, and wise, and loving, and gentle, and godly, and beautiful, and funny (I think I get to see her funny side more than anyone else, sometimes we get to laughing so hard that we cry... It's great.) The list would go on and on. THAT is why my mom is inspiring. She lives a life that I want to live. She's a cool woman, and often I think, "Man, what a cool woman! How did I end up with her as my mom." To say I'm grateful is an understatement. But I am, indeed, grateful.

Here is a picture of my mom this morning before I left for work. She said, "I can't believe you are taking a picture of me in my robe with no make up on!" but I did it anyway. I told her I would keep the picture dark and far away so no one could tell. I put another picture below so you can see how truly beautiful my mom is... both inside and out.

3 comments:

aunt cindy said...

What nice things you shared about my sister. Glad she has you as a daughter. Love you

Momma said...

Wow! I feel very honored but totally unworthy! You are inspiring to me as well. I want to be just like you when I grow up! I love you!

Jessie said...

Norma is inspiring. Which is why I almost wrote about her and you..but I wrote about my mom instead. Who could blame me?!